this is not the first time my boys have been affected by death. but this one has hit them a little more close to home because they are so head-over-heels in love with the smith family. and because just wednesday we took one of our walks with kathy and her kids - her kids that afternoon included haley and zoey. to be roaming the neighborhood, jumping on a trampoline, climbing a tree, making up nonsensical words with friends one day, then a few short days later be standing in the front yard of their home knowing that they are inside but gone - that's hard for an adult to take in, let alone a child. life is fragile, there is no doubt about it. we are, indeed, just a vapor. we are pretty regularly reminded that this is an imperfect world. people make some pretty disturbing choices. but with each of those reminders comes reassurance that God is in control. and although it makes no sense, and even when we might have to take things with our hearts kicking and screaming before the peace finally comes, we can be sure He is there. He absolutely will never leave us to go through it alone.
i don't know who everyone is who reads this blog - if you are praying people or not. but i need to ask all of you to pray for our friends. only the strength of the Lord will be enough to carry them through it.
i do know for a fact that kathy is reading this. so let me just remind you, my sweet friend, we love you love you love you. and we are here for you. period.

8 comments:
That was beautiful and well written. And a bittersweet reminder that yes life is precious and a vapor and we don't know what tomorrow may bring. Love you so much Kathysue and Smith's
im reading it thru the tears b/c your words do make it more real. thank you for the nudge from God that made you pull out your cell phone and take the last ever photograph we have of them alive and the last ever time i saw them alive.
(i can almost giggle at the photo attempt saga)
Your blog hits it all on the nose. beautifully written.
We are not with you physically but we are with you in spirit. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Nathan and Kathy and the families. Our prayers go out especially to you , Greg and the boys. Stay strong.
Well written and we are praying for the Smith family. They are so blessed to have friends like the Creasys, as well as their church family. As I prayed yesterday in our small group, God will indeed provide some good out of this as He always does. GOD IS SO GOOD.
I'll be praying for them.
I can think of now wone I would rather have with me at a time like this than the PRBC famiy. I know they ae all hurting but I know they will be ther to do waht ever needs to be done and more! LeighAnn you write so beautifully from the heart. It is a gift. Thinking and praying for oyu all.
Hi, my friend! When I saw the news the other day I new in my gut these were friends of yours. I just wanted to send my love and prayers during these terrible days. You guys are never more than a thought away from me. Give my love to Greg and the boys and let your friends know Williamson is praying for God's merciful love and understanding during these trying times!!! Hugs and Kisses!
Love you and your big lovine heart! Wish I could be there to help...scrub bathrooms, wipe noses and tears. I still can't make since of it all. But there is a plan we just need to wait to see it.
Post a Comment